[Linux-aus] HTML5 issues again

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 03:57:36 UTC 2007

I have been at the W3C Video Workshop in the US last week and I have
seen no such behaviour. The W3C has a policy to support only
royalty-free usable technology. Everybody at the meeting, including
Apple and Nokia, are respecting this requirement. However, the choice
of codec that fulfills this requirement is a difficult one. The W3C is
working on resolving this issue - and it will not result in a change
to the W3C policy, so there is no expectation that anyone will push
for a codec that does not fulfill the royalty-free requirement.

Regards,
Silvia.