[Linux-aus] HTML5 issues again

David Newall david at davidnewall.com
Wed Dec 19 02:49:53 UTC 2007

Glen Turner wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 01:05 +1030, David Newall wrote:
>
>> Brave and potentially expensive words...
>>

> I am sorry, but bitter past experience means that a threat of defamation
> proceedings brings a necessary halt to this conversation.

Ridiculous.  I'm (clearly) not Apple so I can't threaten anyone for
defaming them, and indeed I didn't.  What I can do is warn when I see
someone approach or cross the line; which is what I did.  It really was
an extraordinary thing to say, I think, and two reasons that spring
immediately to mind to explain what possessed you to say it are truth
and spite.  (Exiting the conversation at this point could suggest the
latter more than the former.)

David