[Linux-aus] Some questions

James Turnbull james at lovedthanlost.net
Mon Dec 17 00:30:59 UTC 2007

Janet Hawtin wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Would you like to throw your thoughts in the middle around these questions?
>
> do you visit a lug

A member of LUV and FLUX.  Should attend LUV -
FLUX is a little harder to get to.

> do you subscribe to a lug list

FLUX and more recently a couple of the LUV lists.

> are you a member of another free or open community?

Played in the *BSD world for a while but wouldn't say I am a member of
that community.

> are you a member of another 'maker' community?

Work on/contribute to a number of FLOSS projects
Home-brewing community
Humber car club
Victorian Writers Centre

> what are the 3 best local events you participated in this year

The Guggenheim Exhibition at the NGV
Melbourne Food & Wine Festival

> what are the 3 best national or international events you participated
> in this year

Tet Festival in Ho Chi Minh City
Sourcefire/Snort Roadshow

> is there something different you would like to be able to do either
> locally or nationally next year?

Am very much looking forward to Linux.conf.au 2008 (and getting some
sleep afterward!).

Regards

James Turnbull

- --