[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Committee Elections - Nominations Are Now Open

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sun Dec 16 07:23:51 UTC 2007

<quote who="Anthony Towns">

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 08:52:40PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > They key though, for asking questions, is for someone to pull them
> > together and pose them to the candidates as one email, [...]
>
> Why would a candidate not be able to just follow linux-aus and answer any
> questions that arise? It's something they'll need to do if elected.

If questions are encouraged (which hasn't been the case in the past), in my
experience with GNOME Foundation elections it has been less chaotic to pull
together questions from the community into a single, concise document, to
avoid the chaos of having to follow and answer many questions-to-candidates
threads on the list (which has an impact on candidates and readers of the
list). Given my suggestion to put questions to candidates, I thought it
would be useful to provide my experience as to the best way of doing it (and
volunteer my time to do so and/or serve as returning officer).

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

    "Think video. Think text flickering over your walls. Think games at
    work. Think anything where a staid, link-based browser is useless."
          "This person wrote for Ab Fab, right?" - Rich Welykochy