[Linux-aus] Some questions

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sat Dec 15 14:15:41 UTC 2007

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007, Janet Hawtin wrote:

> Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:08:22 +1030
> From: Janet Hawtin <lucychili at gmail.com>
> To: Linux Australia List <linux-aus at linux.org.au>
> Subject: [Linux-aus] Some questions
>
> Hi folks
>
> Would you like to throw your thoughts in the middle around these questions?
>
> do you visit a lug
> do you subscribe to a lug list
> are you a member of another free or open community?
> are you a member of another 'maker' community?
> what are the 3 best local events you participated in this year
> what are the 3 best national or international events you participated
> in this year
>
> is there something different you would like to be able to do either
> locally or nationally next year?

I think, as indicated by Jeff Waugh, that this needs clarifying.

Is this a formal survey of all subscribers to the LA list?

If so, is it commissioned by the LA committee or is its done in the
initiative of an individual, or for use by an external organisation (for
example, I believe that someone on this list, acts for the ACS)?

Whichever is the case, I suggest that the questions after the second
question, need to be explicitly clarified.

Each of the questions above, apart from the first two, could be intended
to relate to only the Linux or Open Source Software communities, or they
could be inclusive of sports events historical re-enactment evenmts, or
being a member of, and voting for, the one-legged seagull party in both
local government, and federal parliamentary, elections.

So, in rare agreement (by me) with Jeff Waugh, this needs clarifying.

As it stands at present, it is a bit like putting the question - "What
is the colour?".

--
Bret Busby
Armadale