[Linux-aus] Some questions

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Sat Dec 15 05:39:53 UTC 2007

I haven't been following the elections, mainly because I am a lurking
member.

I lurk on purpose because I prefer to watch for the gems of info that
comes through the list.

But one thing I do abhor is the viciousness and vitriol that seems to
permeate things like elections and comities.

This is an organisation that is driven by a love for the community and
the ideals that surround Linux and FOSS. End of story.

Anyone who actively seeks power over members of a group like this:  a.
does not deserve it and b. does not truly believe in the goals of the
group - Community.

So please lets not see agenda hijacking, politicising of every little
word or opinion and please keep conversations on the list civil and upbeat.

Janet's questions, while they could be seen by those with an agenda as
"loaded", are fairly straight forward and completely valid for this list.

If you don't want to answer them, then don't. But there is no need to
turn the post into some sort of arguing point.

Sorry, just gets on my nerve.

My 2 cents worth.

Randall.