[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Committee Elections - Nominations Are Now Open

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Dec 14 08:36:49 UTC 2007

<quote who="James Purser">

> Up until now we really haven't had a "Debate" style system because we
> generally haven't had that many people nominate and accept.

Questions from members (quite distinct from a 'debate') are possibly even
more important when one or more committee members may be elected unopposed.
It's also important just as a matter of transparency and accountability.

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

   "For the record, I've not eaten a lot of babies." - Mark Shuttleworth