[Linux-aus] Direct line to the PM

Pia Waugh pia at linux.org.au
Thu Dec 6 05:51:54 UTC 2007

Hi all,

<quote who="Paul Coldrey">

> Anyone who wants to send a message "to the Prime Minister" about this
> topic espousing the greatness of FOSS can head to:
>
>     http://www.pm.gov.au/contact/index.cfm?p=3

A great notion, but anyone embarking on this, please make sure your messages
are:

 1) positive!!!
 2) informative rather than ranty
 3) collaborative rather than accusing
 4) interesting - keep it to the point and make it clear _why_ your message
    is interesting rather than "because it's FOSS"

Good luck to anyone doing this. Feel free to bounce messages off me if you
want help :) I'm also doing my part working through my contacts to help get
FOSS on the agenda, and considering the new education revolution, I think
there may be a good chance.

Cheers,
Pia