[Linux-aus] New Federal Govt's Education/PC plans

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Dec 3 08:55:12 UTC 2007

<quote who="Marco Ostini">

> Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > The challenge for the community is that we offer ideology, not solutions
> > -- and both this government *and* this project are going to be totally
> > focused on solutions. (I hold our values dear, but our message must be
> > appropriate to our audience.)

> One aspect I'd really like to highlight in neon is that *we've just had a
> change of Federal Government*.
>
> Please, for a moment humour me by disabling your sarcasm circuits and
> political despondency devices.

Well understood, but my response was very much about our new audience.

> What do LA people think of a renewed Federal Government lobbying effort?
> Could some of us do it in cooperation with the OSIA?

Again, I think this very much needs to be an OSIA-led effort. Brendan, Pia
and I will be putting OSEG back together for this purpose, and pulling folks
in to take part. You're one of the folks I'd like to invite, Marco. :-)

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

    "The cool stuff coming out of freedesktop.org doesn't just happen as
    the result of an accident with a particle accelerator and a goat: it
            only happens when people hack on it." - Daniel Stone