[Linux-aus] LA Members in Second Life

Marco Ostini m.ostini at uq.edu.au
Wed Apr 25 04:37:18 UTC 2007

Hi Pia, et al.

Pia Waugh wrote:

>> Please have a look and send any suggestions or comments to me.
>
> 1) Could the website specify a location in Second Life for LA people to find
> each other? A virtual IRC if you will :) It'd be cool to have an area we all
> know we'll find other community people to hang out.

Yep, working on a build for that right now. The location in SL will be
published on the blog.

> 2) Could you put links and instructions for Linux geeks to get set up on
> Second Life for the people who haven't sampled it yet?

Yes Indeed. This is will happen soon.

> 3) Links to projects for doing FOSS hacking in or around SL.

Can do, will be done in an ongoing manner.

> 4) You should get the blog aggregated on planet.linux.org.au, but I think
> Michael Davies already covered that :)

Indeed, Done. Thanks Michael!

If people have questions, please feel free to ask.

We have a few interesting ideas for the LA build in SL that will allow the
ordinary non FOSS aware person to see some sexy and interesting parts of
the FOSS community.

Think something like a virtual and smaller version of Pia's awesome open day.

Cheers,
Marco