[Linux-aus] LA Members in Second Life

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Tue Apr 24 09:51:19 UTC 2007

Hi Marco,

<quote who="Marco Ostini">

> We've finally set up a blog so that LA members can follow what we're up to:
>
> http://www.life2thefull.org/la2ndlife

Awesome!!

> We'll also use it to highlight SL developments that are of interest to the
> LA community and to assist LA members interested in SL.

Very cool, nice project Marco :) And it also further encourages FOSS in the
world of virtual worlds and gaming, rock :)

> Please have a look and send any suggestions or comments to me.

1) Could the website specify a location in Second Life for LA people to find
each other? A virtual IRC if you will :) It'd be cool to have an area we all
know we'll find other community people to hang out.

2) Could you put links and instructions for Linux geeks to get set up on
Second Life for the people who haven't sampled it yet?

3) Links to projects for doing FOSS hacking in or around SL.

4) You should get the blog aggregated on planet.linux.org.au, but I think
Michael Davies already covered that :)

Cheers,
Pia