[Linux-aus] linux-aus Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1501 lists.linux.org.au)

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Apr 23 04:20:41 UTC 2007

<quote who="linuxaus.1.tracyanne at spamgourmet.com">

> > We're doing quite well on the desktop at the moment.
>
> Actually we're not. Linux has at best 5% of the market

Considering the issues we're facing in the market and our own capability,
that's *fantastic* at this point in our lifecycle. But the desktop isn't
everything [1].

- Jeff

[1] and I say that as someone very obviously associated with FLOSS desktop
efforts.

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

   "The beanbag is a triumph of modern day eclectic colourism..." - Catie
                                   Flick