[Linux-aus] Marketing Linux

linuxaus.1.tracyanne at spamgourmet.com linuxaus.1.tracyanne at spamgourmet.com
Sun Apr 22 09:05:44 UTC 2007

To all of those people who state that there are much better ways of marketing
linux than the txu500 project, I have this question.

If there are better ways, then why is no one persuing those "better ways"? why
are you not getting together a team to fund those "better ways"? Why is it that
now that someone has had the intestinal fortitude to actually put together a project
to attempt to market Linux, that suddenly so many people are so knowledgable of
what are better ways to promote Linux?

If you really do have a better way of promoting Linux, lets hear it. It's really easy
to shoot down other peoples ideas, but it's not quite so easy to come up with good
ones of your own. So I say lets hear those "better ways". I will most certainly
do all I can to promote them if they really are better.

And lets not hear any claims that word of mouth is one of those better ways. What has
word of mouth got us other than a marginalised geeky, ordinary people needn't apply image.
We don't even rate alongside Apple Macintosh, and it has at best 10% of the Desktop market.

regards

Tracyanne