[Linux-aus] Marketing Linux

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Wed Apr 18 11:17:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 20:16 +1000, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> Not exactly what you are describing, but there are already some television
> documentaries on FOSS:
>
>   http://www.go-opensource.org/go_open/
>   http://www.apdip.net/news/fossdoc
>
> Has anyone tried lobbying television stations to screen them? I think that
> they would quite suit the ABC or SBS.

/me puts on my  "I survived the Australian TV Industry" shirt.

Unless you can show that either a) There is a market for the show, or b)
You are willing to pay for the timeslot (and you won't get anything
before midnight), the commercials won't touch it.

The ABC might, but it is vulnerable to "Bias" claims and as such could
see any show watered down to include "the other side" of the story.

SBS would be your best bet
--
James Purser
Producer/Presenter