[Linux-aus] Marketing Linux

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Wed Apr 18 10:16:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, "John Vandenberg" <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rather than a really good ad that is buying the eyes of people that
> would rather not be watching, I would like to see a pilot cable
> program developed around the theme of Linux, bringing people to the TV
> set.  ... answering the hard questions that viewers have, and if there
> are no answers, tracking project to conclusion; soup'ing up boxes;
> routinely summarising major advances or things to try; interviews with
> Australian companies that have converted.

Not exactly what you are describing, but there are already some television
documentaries on FOSS:

  http://www.go-opensource.org/go_open/
  http://www.apdip.net/news/fossdoc

Has anyone tried lobbying television stations to screen them? I think that
they would quite suit the ABC or SBS.

--
"Nimda bundles several known exploits against Internet Information Server and
other Microsoft software. Enterprises with Web applications should start to