[Linux-aus] Marketing Linux

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Wed Apr 18 06:23:26 UTC 2007

Paul Shirren wrote:
> Paul Wayper wrote:
>  > But I wouldn't support an Indy
>  > 500 race car.
>
> <snip>
>
> We would be better off looking at service clubs (Lions/Rotary/Apex) and
> the way they raise money for worthwhile community projects. Something
> for a Children's Hospital, or assistive technology for disabled people,
> education projects like OLPC etc.

I would personally vote for the Children's Hospital idea.

Every year on Good Friday the Melbourne Royal Children's Hospital has
the day-long telethon, and lots of people publicly hand over giant
cheques. If we were to spend the next year accumulating funds for this
through LA, I'm sure we could achieve this.

--
Sincerely
Melissa Draper

http://www.meldraweb.com