[Linux-aus] [LACTTE] Grant Application: OLS speaker travel

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Apr 2 15:50:09 UTC 2007

Nathan Bailey wrote:

> For my part, I would like to see more grant proposals along the lines of
> "if you give me XXX, along with my investment of YYY, I can add new
> these new features to project ZZZ"

+1

I really like the idea of people being willing to invest in their own
projects if they expect us to as well. Then again, perhaps it will be
sometimes phrases as:

"Hi. I just took a week off work to work on XXXX. I'm out of leave and
money, but I'm 1% away from finishing. Could LA spring for another week
of my time to finish off very important patch XXX so I can submit it?"

That would be cool.

Mikal