[Linux-aus] Interview with Mark Lloyd from ACS on compulsory accreditation

Janet Hawtin lucychili at internode.on.net
Fri Sep 29 11:09:02 UTC 2006

Brenda Aynsley wrote:
> Bret Busby wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> Can you provide a URL for a web page that explains the plans of the
>> ACS, to have "a mandatory registration system"?
>>
>> It sounds a bit like Pandora and her wooden receptable, wich was not
>> securely closed.
>>

> yes i'd like to know about this scheme too, its not on any of my agendas
> in ACS??

I dont have a Pandoras box and frankly don't understand where that fits.
I have listened to the interview
Looked at the article
Filled in the survey.
Attended the meeting.
Passed on the comments of the people there.
Looked at the proposed models
and commented on what I feel are the impacts of these goals.
I'd be happy for a similar frank response.
What kind of Pandora's box am I missing?

Janet