[Linux-aus] Interoperability v the one true way.

Paul Wayper paul.wayper at anu.edu.au
Mon Sep 25 08:33:02 UTC 2006

Janet Hawtin wrote:
> "Those who would mandate "interoperability" are thus missing a crucial
> point, which is that many companies have thought that interoperability
> was indeed the way to go, have tried to achieve it, and have failed.
> Consumers prefer the integration of Apple."
Those who would mandate "fast travel" are thus missing a crucial point,
which is that many companies have thought that making aeroplanes was
indeed the way to go, have tried to make them, and have failed.
Consumers prefer travelling by horse-drawn buggy."

Those who would mandate "ethics" are thus missing a crucial point, which
is that many companies have thought that running a business ethically
was indeed the way to go, have tried to be ethical, and have been
swamped by unethical companies.  Consumers prefer the low cost products
of unethical companies."

And thus we see what's wrong with business today.

Have fun,

Paul