[Linux-aus] Computer Programming Courses in Adelaide?

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sun Sep 24 20:57:02 UTC 2006

On Sunday 24 September 2006 21:03, Brenda Aynsley <bpa at iss.net.au> wrote:
> Tim Ansell wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > My girlfriend is interested in gaining some basic computer programming
> > skills over the summer break.
> >
> > However, I'm having trouble finding courses. I've tried Adelaide
> > University and the WEA however haven't found anything suitable yet. I
> > can't seem to get the TAFE site to give me any information either.
>
> tried the training providers like kaz, excom, drake?

I had several discussions and meetings with people at Excom last year, and the
phrase "snake oil" kept repeating over and over in my head. They are
well-known for their ridiculously grandiose promises. Despite their supposed
links with Novell, they are very much a Microsoft shop.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
  {GnuPG/OpenPGP: http://www.dhanapalan.com/yama.asc

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe
the people with their own money." - Alexis de Tocqueville