[Linux-aus] Avoiding the easy way out

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Tue Sep 19 12:02:03 UTC 2006

Michael Still wrote:
> Surely a better way to get the to listen is to be such a large industry
> trend that they just look like idiots if they don't talk?

No, not really. They're the government. They don't have to listen or
talk. They have no competition.

And I'm not sure they're worried about looking like idiots either. :)

If you want to lobby government, which is in fact what we (I say we as a
director of OSIA and a member of the Open Source community) want to do,
then presenting a single face yields far more results than everyone
trying to talk at once.

Just my 2 cents as someone who has worked for, with and in the Federal
Government. :)

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Sydney / Melbourne / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street      T: 1 3000 SQUIZ (77849)
   Fitzroy, VIC           T: +61 (0) 3 9235 5400
   3065                   F: +61 (0) 3 9235 5444
                          W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>