[Linux-aus] linux.org.au / linux.conf.au

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Sep 19 09:29:03 UTC 2006

<quote who="Jeff Waugh">

> It's kinda sad that people will be able to point to this discussion as an
> example of "Linux" people with their collective heads in their collective
> arses. :-(

I guess it's worth pointing out that this is not my point of view... I'm as
comfy with the Linux conflation as other participants in "Linux Australia".

What I'm pointing out is that people who already feel excluded, directly or
indirectly, due to our name, will look at this thread and feel that their
concerns have little understanding or sympathy from even the most open and
welcoming Linux Australia people.

Donna, and others on this thread, probably just don't know how exclusive
their comments sound to people who do not feel adequately represented by
"Linux". My comment above was just a (typically) blunt way of pointing it
out. :-)

Thanks,

- Jeff

--