[Linux-aus] Goodbye AUUG, hello phoenix

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sun Sep 17 21:37:02 UTC 2006

<quote who="James Turnbull">

> Overall, do we really have that many interests in common?  In a broader
> sense, I think there is merit in expanding the remit of LA but I suspect
> AUUG are not an ideal candidate for that expansion.

For some silly reason, I used the title of my blog entry as the title of the
original mail on this thread. However, the proposal was *not* about merging
with AUUG or anything of the sort. It was just about making the name of our
organisation (and conference) more clear. Sorry for the confusion.

- Jeff

     "Stick that in your analogy pipe and smoke it!" - On returning the
                            bulletproof analogue