[Linux-aus] Goodbye AUUG, hello phoenix

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sun Sep 17 10:22:02 UTC 2006

<quote who="Anthony Towns">

> We already do pretty well at being open to other free software folks --

At least within our particular comfort zone. We have enough anecdotal
evidence of communities, people and projects feeling explicitly or
implicitly excluded from Linux Australia to know we're not being as
inclusive as you'd suggest -- and as of linux.conf.au 2007, we now have
direct financial evidence of same [1].

- Jeff

[1] We always had indirect financial evidence, given that we just didn't
bother to approach certain kinds of potential supporters, and they didn't
approach us.

--
EuroOSCON: Brussels, Belgium     http://conferences.oreillynet.com/euos2006/

  "So please lets focus on preparing to beat up our neighbours instead of
   spending all the energy on domestic violence." - Christian Schaller on
                                   GNOME