[Linux-aus] Goodbye AUUG, hello phoenix

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Thu Sep 14 11:39:02 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Greg Lehey has proposed the dissolution of AUUG:

  http://www.auug.org.au/pipermail/auug-announce/2006/000241.html

I've written a response to his proposal, and listed a number of (potentially
controversial) follow-up proposals for Linux Australia in my blog:

  http://perkypants.org/blog/2006/09/14/goodbye-auug-hello-phoenix/

I think we have an awesome opportunity here. If it is sufficiently difficult
for the membership and current committee to decide, I will happily run for a
position on the Linux Australia committee to pursue these ideas.

Thanks,

- Jeff

   "You know, the crunchy, folk-singer part of me wants to believe that a
     performance is a dialogue, but I can't hear a fucking thing you're
                          saying." - Ani DiFranco