[Linux-aus] Request for Grant from Linux Australia for Ubertweak

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Wed Sep 13 12:17:02 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 00:23 +1000, Pia Waugh wrote:

> I would however like to see a broader benefit to our community out of
> a grant to support it. For instance, most grants have some knock on benefit
> to our broader community, be it access to slides, video, documentation, code
> or whatever.

That's a very good point. The first thing that I thought when I saw the
program on the website is that there has obviously been a lot of work
put into the structure and content of the camp: I hadn't heard of it
until this grant request, but it's obviously something that has been
developed and refined over a number of years.

What about providing some of the camp material itself? There are
probably other groups that would be interested in running IT camps and
not having to reinvent the wheel could make it much easier for them. Is
there anything LA could do to help make some of the camp material
available for others to use? Like create an "IT Camp Resource Kit" based
on Ubertweak?

Cheers   :-)
--
Jonathan Oxer <jon at ivt.com.au>