[Linux-aus] TUX's winter vacation snaps !

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Thu Sep 7 21:31:02 UTC 2006

Mick Pollard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The other day  i bought a $1 NSW instant lottery ( scratchy ). Too my
> amazement I found that it had a holiday snap of TUX's winter holiday.
>
> What are the legalities of using artwork of TUX to promote your non
> linux company ?
>  The one with the penguin fishing and the one with the penguin on a
> snow sled I think are the TUX holiday snaps.
>
> http://www.nswlotteries.com.au/images/scratchiesPage/img_$1_penwins_a.gif
>

> Regards
>
> Mick Pollard
> __lunix-aus__

These were available around here a while back. I was going to make a
fuss but never got around to it.

If I recall the licensing correctly, all they have to do is identify
where they based the penguin on, [if|when] asked. As far as I can
recall, they don't actually have to credit Ewing with the publication of
the image or anything like that.

I could be wrong though.

At the risk of sounding pessimistic, I almost doubt the lottery people
will 'fess up, so it would definately be interesting to try it out on them.

--
Sincerely
Melissa Draper

http://www.meldraweb.com