[Linux-aus] Firefox vs IceWeasel

gareth gareth at computerrescue.com.au
Mon Oct 23 05:30:04 UTC 2006

Marco Ostini wrote:
> In my opinion it's important to maintain the recognition that Firefox
> currently enjoys among "ordinary users" who are in the process of
> developing trust in FOSS while being faithful to the values of truly
> free and well coded software.

> What are your thoughts?
>
> Cheers,
> Marco

I was just wondering if there was consensus withing Linux.Aus that the
Firefox/Iceweasle(omg) situation is in fact a debacle that jeopardises
FOSS from taking its rightful place as a global standard.

This type of disparity does not imbue confidence in potential converts.

If there is consensus then I would strongly desire Linux.Aus to formally
voice our opinion on this matter (Quite sternly, with hand waves).

Here's hoping common sense prevails.

Gareth