[Linux-aus] Linux POS

stevel at ausics.net stevel at ausics.net
Thu Oct 19 08:10:02 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am seeking some references to Linux based POS solutions, the usual, cash
register, stock control systems, accounting modules, separate department
based staff access. This will be used in a Tavern environment from bars to
bottleshop to kitchen. I also seek the system to be capable of normal
linux desktops to access it for management, not interested in combined
systems that need windows in any way, POS terminals should also be splash
proof. Existing commercial equipment running on embedded linux capable of
this readily available in Australia is welcome.

I hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

* If your company supplies these, off list adds are welcome but links
preferable please as my email provider has pretty tight anti spam
settings. ** Onlist responses are preferred, for the greater information
of all others.

Thanks

Steve