[Linux-aus] LCA Proposal Suggestions?

Pia Waugh pia at waughpartners.com.au
Wed Oct 18 20:41:01 UTC 2006

Hi Tim,

<quote who="Tim Ansell">

> A possible "People Choice" track.

The papers committee is a good representation of the "people" so it wouldn't
really be all that useful.

> Why are the submissions not publicly accessible? Having public
> submissions would have numerous benefits,

It would also lead to numerous issues. The current system works really well.
There is some discussion about whether that would work. I personally don't
think it adds any real value.

>  * Allows the community to check the proposals for correctness (IE
> Person A has actually been involved with projects they say they are)

The papers review committee put many many hours into doing just this.

> On another feedback note, during the conference it would be nice if
> there was a way to provide feedback on the talks you attend. I seem to
> remember there being something similar to this in the past but my memory
> is failing me.

There has been feedback forms for speakers in the past. We'll see if we can
do it for lca2007 :)

> Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to see you all at
> really great LCA 2007.

It will truly be awesome, and the gaming miniconf you are putting together
looks sweet! Great work!

Cheers,
Pia

--
Waugh Partners

  m. +61 400 966 453
  p. +61 2 9318 0284
  f. +61 2 9318 2884
  w. http://waughpartners.com.au/

Open Source: Strategic Consulting, Industry Development, Research & Analysis