[Linux-aus] Jobs jobs jobs!

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Tue Oct 10 10:54:02 UTC 2006

Hey Paul,

<quote who="Paul Antoine">

> Thanks Pia... though it would be nice to have some jobs open here in
> Perth!!  One wonders if states other than NSW/VIC actually employ (i.e.
> pay) FOSS folks :-) *ducks for cover*

NSW/Vic are just less secretive about the cool FOSS jobs they have going ;)

> Seriously though I'm doing my bit here... I'm hoping to convince a great
> bunch of medical researchers to switch to FOSS as a means to both
> increase productivity AND reduce IT costs such that more research gets
> done for the same $$s.

Awesome! You should totally do a case study on that if the client is open to
the idea (and I can help you write it up for the osia site). Rock!

> Other WA FOSS folks should feel free to get in contact.

Post a job, then there will be at least one WA job posted ;)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

    "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be
                            free." - Bill Hicks