[Linux-aus] President's Report: August / September 2006

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sat Oct 7 15:00:04 UTC 2006

<quote who="Conrad Parker">

> On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 02:27:28AM -0400, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> >
> > Yes we can. We can promote upcoming events at current events. Promoting
> > the same event ahead of time does not make sense. Let's do Event
> > Promotion 101.
>
> This is the Free Software community, not a corporate marketing strategy.

Ah yes, let's pooh-pooh good practice because it sounds like something paid
people would do!

> The principle of releasing early applies to events for the same reason
> that it applies to software -- it allows people to plan ahead and become
> involved in the process.

For which a year is entirely appropriate, considering that the core people
who are already involved would know ahead of time.

- Jeff

   "(Hint: IRC clients don't usually do DVD and VCD playback)." - Bastien
                                   Nocera