[Linux-aus] auda policy and FOSS projects

Mick Pollard lists at lunix.com.au
Mon Nov 27 19:45:02 UTC 2006

Hey all,

Has anyone tried to register a .au domain name for a foss project, as an
individual ?
What was the reaction of the registrar ?
What did you put to satisfy the auda policy ?
If I was to want to start a foss project and give back to the community
why shouldn't I be allowed to have it under a .au domain name ?
If I believe correctly the auda policy states you have to be a business
or a registered organization or association or a sole trader with an ABN.
No room for the non-business/organization foss project. The hobbyist
that codes after work.
If this is correct then what do you think the chances are of getting the
auda policy changed to accommodate foss projects ?
Hey we could even rally for a .foss.au 2LD.
Comments please.

Regards
Mick Pollard
_lunix_