[Linux-aus] Western Australian Daylight savings

Dave Davey daved at windclimber.id.au
Fri Nov 24 12:19:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 02:01:15PM +1100, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> On 11/24/06, Max Stam <mstam at gsg.wa.edu.au> wrote:
> >Hi All
> >For your info
> >It took a while but I've found an updated zoneinfo file for Perth
> >containing Daylight Saving alterations for the 3 year trial.
> >It's at http://matt.ucc.asn.au/time/Perth
> >I've checked it with the command zdump -z Perth and it seems like it is
> >right
>
> Firstly, I assume this can only be installed after the trial begins?
> (only matters if you're in WA of course...)

You can install it any time, and test it.  With the gnu date command
you can do something like

	TZ=Australia/Perth date
	TZ=Australia/Perth date -d +30days

If the zoneinfo is correct, the second command should show the 1 hour advance.

It does not work on any system I have access to include a Beta2 pre-release
of SuSE.

Dave

--
David F. Davey
D'Entrecasteaux                                       Phone: +61 3 6267 4852
Australia                                            daved at windclimber.id.au