[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Website

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Mon Nov 20 08:50:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 00:59 +1100, James Purser wrote:
> Okay to add some further detail to what I am envisioning.

Here's my thoughts on some of the technical requirements:

- produce XHTML and CSS compliant code
- produce pretty URLs - see the URLs on the current site
- be backwards compatible with existing URLs
- produce accessible XHTML (easily usable by screen readers, text based
browsers, on mobile devices)
- produce MSIE compatible layout (people looking to convert from the
dark side need to be able to read the content).
- be able to handle the /. effect
- pluggable user authentication (so we can link it to MemberDB)

Things I'd like (but don't hold much hope for):
- Preview on larger than single page changes (think transactions, but
for web site)
- offline editing ability

but i think your list looks good - it'd be great to have the news page
generated by a process that wasn't so... err... archaic.
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Committee Member, Linux Australia