[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Website

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Thu Nov 16 14:57:13 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 05:08:12PM EST, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> If we go for an existing package I would suggest Drupal as James is
> suggesting, however if we end up writing something from scratch then
> something using Django or a similar Python-based system would be
> better IMHO, much cleaner and more maintainable than any PHP system.

I haven't looked at other CMS packages, but from what I've seen,
Drupal's modules API is quite easy to work with. The only tricky bit I
think would be the forms API, but Drupal's documentation is very well
written and referenced. SO from this point, there would be no need to
write from scratch. Just write extension modules for Drupal, which can
then be contributed back to the drupal community.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE
Email & MSN: themuso at themuso.com