[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Website

Andrew Donnellan ajdlinux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 14:09:04 UTC 2006

On 11/16/06, Avi Miller <avi.miller at squiz.net> wrote:

> On 16/11/2006, at 12:50 PM, James Purser wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for people who have skills in web development and graphic
> > design. Anyone is welcome to contribute.
>
> While I admit I have a personal agenda, your email suggests that what

Squiz.net? MySource? (see comment below)

> you really need to do first is select an appropriate content
> management system (perhaps via some official tender process). Once

It *should*^W*must* be an open source (as in OSI approved, DFSG free,
Four Freedoms free) one. Does make official tender that much more
irrelevant.

If we go for an existing package I would suggest Drupal as James is
suggesting, however if we end up writing something from scratch then
something using Django or a similar Python-based system would be
better IMHO, much cleaner and more maintainable than any PHP system.

BTW is there any more specific mailing list for interested people to
subscribe to? I would like to help out if possible (I have some HTML,
CSS, PHP and Python skills.)

--
Andrew Donnellan
-- Email - ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom (primary)
Jabber - ajdlinux at jabber.org.au
GPG - hkp://subkeys.pgp.net 0x5D4C0C58
Member of Linux Australia - http://linux.org.au
Debian user - http://debian.org