[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Website

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Thu Nov 16 09:51:02 UTC 2006

Dear Members,

At the Linux Australia Committee Face to Face meeting various things
were discussed. The state of Copyright in Australia, the place of FOSS
in our day to day lives and little Chinese lettuce things.

Apart from those vitally important topics, one thing did come up. The
state of the Linux Australia website. Its far past time that the site
was updated, and by updated I mean completely rebuilt from the ground
up.

So as the person who insanely put his hand up to lead the website
rebuild I am extending an invitation to all who would be interested in
helping out with the rebuild of the website. You can respond either here
or off list.

To give you a brief idea of what I am looking at:

- Must be easily updatable by "non-techies"
- Must be easily extendable
- Must be able to facilitate e-commerce (a topic for a further email)

I'm looking for people who have skills in web development and graphic
design. Anyone is welcome to contribute.

And much much more.
--
James Purser
Ordinary Committee Member