[Linux-aus] NSLU2 USB Power/Serial Port Board

Ian Wienand ianw at gelato.unsw.edu.au
Thu Nov 9 09:49:03 UTC 2006

Hi,

A few of the smart cookies at ERTOS/UNSW have designed a great little
add-on board for the Linksys NSLU2 (also known as a Slug --
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/).

It gives you a serial port, a remote reset and allows the device to be
powered over USB -- and it all fits inside the standard case!  This
means you can carry around a whole ARM development platform running
Linux, or L4, or something you wrote yourself, all in your pocket.

It is such fun I'm investigating how we can get these out to others.
If you're interested, please go to

http://www.netux.com.au/nslu2/

and tell me (there's also some photos).  The price will be ~$20AU, but
as with any electronics things vary wildly based on the quantities you
buy (which is why I'm asking).  We'll probably release the plans, but
the genius of it is the small size of the board, which most people
can't (easily) make at home.

Thanks

-i