[Linux-aus] Pressing/Printing CD's in bulk?

Terry Dawson terry at linux.org.au
Thu May 25 09:10:02 UTC 2006

Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:

> At CeBIT, there was allegedly an offer from a manufacturer of bulk CD writing
> equipment to donate a machine to LA in return for a member of the community
> writing a Linux driver for it. Is anybody aware of how that turned out?

Is that right?

I'm guessing it was from the CD duplication guys up the hall from us a bit.
I was staring somewhat enviously at their setup there, the kit seems pretty
cool; little robot arms to retrieve blanks and install them in drives and to
pick up the burnt ones and stack them to the side. I'm not sure whether it
did printing though, I only saw burning.

Does anyone know anything about this offer?

Terry

--
Treasurer, Linux Australia - http://www.linux.org.au/