[Linux-aus] Pressing/Printing CD's in bulk?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Wed May 24 11:25:02 UTC 2006

On Tuesday, 23 May 2006 at 22:00:16 +1000, Terry Dawson wrote:

> Does anyone have any recent experience in pressing and printing bulk
> quantities of CD's?

Yes.

> We'd like to understand what the potential costs to us might be in
> undertaking this kind of endeavour and are hoping that some of you
> in the community might be able to provide us with some indicative
> pricing.

At AUUG we use the following service:

   AA Duplication Services
   Suite 42, Level 1
   The Clocktower
   247-255 Drummond St
   Carlton, Vic, 3053

   Ph: 03 9347 9311
   Fax: 03 9347 8411
   Email: sales at aaduplication.com.au
   Web: www.aaduplication.com.au

The prices I have are possibly not up to date, but the following
should be indicative:

> For replication: CDs cost $1.10 each, DVDs $1.97 each. Paper
> envelope to put them in 15c each on top. All prices GST
> inc. Printing on the CD/DVD is a 5 colour process - we just give
> them a PDF and they take care of it (but the PDF must conform to
> their specs - i.e. the image has to be the right
> dimensions). Turnaround is 8 working days.

There are other options as well, of course.  IIRC we were talking
about 500 copies here.

Greg