[Linux-aus] Recycling efforts in Australia....

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Fri May 19 06:31:02 UTC 2006

On 5/18/06, Tom Cleary <tom.cleary at gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to know as much as possible about Computer recycling initiatives in
> Australia.
> Anything people can pass on - names, addresses, urls, contacts, mates of
> mates relating to more Easterly Australia off or on-list appreciated.

A guide to these sorts of services would be a very useful addition to
the LA site. Perhaps a list could be collated and published? There
should probably be lists of both computer recyclers (ie: places that
take hardware and recycle the raw material to reduce landfill) and
groups like Computerbank and Computer Angels that refurbish computers
and make them available to those in need.

Cheers  :-)

Jonathan Oxer