[Linux-aus] Withdraw the Application for $2000

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Fri May 5 10:24:02 UTC 2006

Hi Sokar,

> I  withdraw the application for $2000 to buy computers from IT share
> for two FOSS LABs

That's a great pity because from what I've seen of your proposal it
appears to be an extremely worthwhile project, and it's definitely the
sort of thing that Linux Australia should be supporting.

I hope the public discussion and questions on the mailing list weren't
the cause of your withdrawal of the application: the discussion is not
intended to be a "look into this bright light" interrogation, it's
really just a chance for the members of the organisation to see how
its money is being spent and to have input into the projects that are
funded. Since we're an all-volunteer, community-funded organisation
we've settled on an assessment process that's very open, but it's
probably a bit disconcerting to people that are not familiar with how
we operate and so I apologize if you feel you have been treated
unkindly.

If you are still interested in going ahead with the project I hope you
will consider allowing your application to continue.

Regards,

Jonathan Oxer
President
Linux Australia