[Linux-aus] An abridged history of #linuxaus and Linux Australia IRC

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Wed Jun 28 09:23:02 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 19:18 +0800, Gary Allpike wrote:

> A brief history of #linuxaus.
>
> I first started the #linuxaus channel about 10 years ago or so - I'm too
> old to remember exactly - on the oz.org network.

G'day Gary, great bit of history there :) Although I think there is some
confusion as no-one is talking about moving the #linuxaus that is on
OFTC. I want to clarify things for LA readers out there though. There
are two channels claiming to be LA:

On Freenode, the official LA channel of #linux-aus

On OFTC, the older but un-official channel of #linuxaus

Subtle differences but these channels are worlds away as far as members,
spirit and behaviour goes. Having both #linux-aus and #linuxaus on OFTC
would be interesting but I can't see any problems off hand (although
that doesn't mean there won't be any).

      Craige.