[Linux-aus] Re: An abridged history of #linuxaus and Linux Australia IRC

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Wed Jun 28 08:13:02 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 06:47:19AM +1000, Robert Stoffers wrote:
> I believe it would also be a shame for Linux Australia to move its IRC channel
> from the network that the majority of the IRC using open source people are.

That's not much of an argument, though -- I can't imagine that there are too
many IRC clients in common use that can't handle connecting to multiple IRC
networks at once, and if so, then "we've got the eyeballs" doesn't really
matter, as you don't have sole use of said eyeballs -- they can be trivially
shared around different networks.  I know, for myself, that whenever I hook
up to IRC, my IRC client connects to three separate networks, because that
happens to be where the channels I need are.

Practically, I don't really *care* what network various channels are on, as
long as I know which network it is so I can tell my IRC client to go fetch.

- Matt