[Linux-aus] Re: Swedish piracy party.

Janet Hawtin lucychili at internode.on.net
Mon Jun 26 00:26:05 UTC 2006

Hi Janet,

apologies for the delay in answering. We've still got a huge backlog in
mail.

It's funny you should recommend Information Feudalism, I just ordered it
two days ago on recommendation from one of our senior ideology guys.

We've looked at both GPL and Creative Commons, and from our point of
view, they're both moot anyway if we don't make an impact. Free software
would be painfully killed by software patents, and Creative Commons will
be killed by DRMd hardware that would be illegal to circumvent.

So we regard our principles as something with a lot more at stake than
promoting free alternatives. We see them as defending the very ability
to provide such alternatives.

Cheers,

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet)
rick.falkvinge at piratpartiet.se