[Linux-aus] A small request

Sokar Phillpot sokar at r3.net.au
Tue Jun 20 06:29:02 UTC 2006

Hallo People of the Penguin

I am hoping to give you an over view of how I went and Woorabinda
with the QLD computer bank computers by weeks end including a run down
of
costs.  Also a  a commentary on how I fumbled through networking them
together?

However I have another request some people may or may not be able to
help with
Jeff Parker  at Charles Darwin Uni  has organised some training for
Yuelamu - the place where I set up a couple of
ubuntu clunkers last year. This is also the place I am hoping to get a
bunch of young people from to come to sydney in january.

I have asked the QLD computer bank for a couple of old - light
computers ( mainly because we also taking archives to a monk and
sporting equipment for the youth centre too.)

could anyone come up with a couple of old laptops ( with ubuntu of
course) that they could either keep or the trainer could take out with
them and bring back.

they only have to be able to support basic word processing and or
sending email......

Any help gratefully accepted

Cheers

Sokar

RRR Brisbane
Phone: 61 07 38690589
Mobile : 0422861544
email : sokar at r3.net.au

"The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do
not expect to sit."
-Nelson Henderson