[Linux-aus] Tonights talk and oggcast.

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Fri Jun 16 20:39:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 21:45 +1000, Terry Dawson wrote:
> If you participated in tonights talk and oggcast I'd like your feedback
> on how the format went. Did the oggcast/IRC format work for you?

Definitely, very good way to get the maximum number of people
participating rather than just consuming while giving Rusty the
information-bandwidth he needed.

> What could we do to make this work better?

This could be excellent as a regular thing: the next step beyond
podcasting, which is just canned audio, and give people the opportunity
to interact real-time if they want to or list to it as a podcast later.

To improve the experience it would be good to have a jumping-off page
that brings together all the relevant information about the event
(location of stream, link to web-IRC, name of IRC channel, link to
slides) all in one place. This time that information was spread around
in IRC, in various emails, on the w.l.o.a news page, and on p.l.o.a. It
would be better to just have a single "event" URL that people can go to
which explains everything they need to know, including info on setting
up client software, etc.

Rock on guys, great job!

Cheers   :-)

Jonathan