[Linux-aus] Grant application

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Fri Jun 16 15:00:10 UTC 2006

David Kempe wrote:
> can OSX run on vmware for the intel version?

No (or at least, not yet). VMware does not emulate the new EFI required
for MacOS X to boot.

As the owner of a new Intel Mac, I do support this request: I have
Parallels Workstation on my Mac that allows me to run Windows XP and any
flavour of Linux just like VMware does on my PC. This means a single
machine can run MacOS + Windows + Linux.

Performance wise, an OS running in Parallels is about as fast on MacOS
as VMware is on Windows. Obviously, you can get native performance by
dual-booting into Windows using Boot Camp.

Obviously, you should be aware that you'll need a full copy of Windows
XP with SP2 to install via Boot Camp.

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Melbourne / Sydney / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street    T: 1 300 SQUIZ (77859)
   Fitzroy, VIC         T: 03 9486 0411
   3065                 F: 03 9486 0611
                        W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>