[Linux-aus] Sydney Education Expo - Acquiring Edubuntu CDs

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Sun Jun 4 14:04:02 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 15:31 +1000, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> I'm probably slow, but I just discovered that Edubuntu made their own Dapper
> release on the same day as Ubuntu:
>
>   http://www.edubuntu.org/news/5
>
> They also have free CDs available via shipit:
>
>   https://shipit.edubuntu.org/
>
> Is there any chance that we can have copies of Edubuntu to give away for the
> Sydney Education Expo on 24-25 June?

Given the 4-6 week lead time they have I don't think we're going to make
it.

Interestingly enough, edubuntu doesn't offer ppc Mac versions through
ship-it either. A quick check on #edubuntu puts this down to only being
allowed to ship one cd image due to this being their first time.
--
James Purser
Producer/Presenter - Linux Australia Update
SIP: 736855 at fwd.pulver.com